Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Who makes the top of your Most Inspirational People list?

I'm a picky person sometimes. Like with food, I might die if I find an olive in my salad or if my salsa isn’t spicy enough. Everyone has their preferences right? Being picky identifies you – the food you eat, the car you drive, the clothes your wear or the places you go.   

I’m especially picky when it comes to the people I let in my life. Still wrapping my head around the fact that I’m 22 years old, I’ve realized the people you surround yourself with should inspire you to be the best person you can be. Fact.

PerezHilton.com recently presented a list of the World’s Most Inspirational People. We need to find people that make our own list of Most Inspirational People. It’s so important to have those special people in your life that support and encourage you no matter what! Here are three beautiful individuals in my life that inspire me every day and I can’t imagine who I’d be without them.

Smile. People in your life should put a smile across your face, even when you think it’s impossible. Now some may not classify my sweet yellow lab, Dakota, as an inspirational person, but she sure is in my book. From the moment I wake up to all the walks on the beartrail, playing around Baylor Campus and cuddling after classes, she inspires me every second I’m with her. She reminds me to smile. In the midst of all the chaos and daily routines, life is beautiful and you need people in your life to remind you of that!  

Dance. Life should also be fun. It’s about having fort parties, water balloon fights, birthday limos, jazzercising, Pinterest parties and dancing everywhere you go. One of my best friends, Nicole, is by far the most inspirationally fun person I’ve ever known. She has a beautifully “goofy” personality. Being around her, you will, without a doubt, laugh and have fun. Everyone needs a Nicole in their life.       


Believe. The most inspirational people in your life are the ones that tell you the truth, even when you don’t want to hear it. They are the people to tell you when you have boogers hanging out of your nose and bring you your favorite Starbucks after a bad day. They’re always encouraging and supportive, even when you don’t understand why. And I’m thankful enough to have an amazing sister, Buzzy, to do just that. Being an older sister, I try to be the role model, but really, she is the one that inspires me. She believes in me more than I believe in myself. Maybe she’s seen me cry too many times, but she’s always inspiring confidence – and it’s working!  

I truly can’t imagine what my life would be like without these beautiful people in my life.

Who makes the top of your Most Inspirational People list?

No comments:

Post a Comment